23 February 2012

JammerUp

The creator of JammerUp calls it "an abstract strategy board game modeled after the rules and strategies of modern roller derby."





I love the board's elegance, which puts me in mind of a hybrid of Go and Formula DE. I would play this; I might even buy this.

However, I find something... missing.

At the risk of alienating women and dedicated players of abstract strategy board games, what interests me most about roller derby is not the tactical and strategic thought it demands of players and spectators, nor is it the following of players' careers from team to team, match to match. It's watching sturdy young women in short-shorts knock each other around.

I'm not sure I could stay focused on those glass beads, but I did pledge money toward the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment